10 Sep Va-(stay)-cationing during COVID
As we bask in the “haze” of the recent labor-day holiday weekend, we wanted to remind you about the importance of taking care of yourself. And that includes your vacation! Yes. Even during COVID.
Pre-COVID, Americans, in particular, were already forfeiting their vacations, so much so, that America gained the name: No-Vacation-Nation.
Post-COVID, Recent findings have revealed that only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation since March. And while that is understandable, research data shows that many of us are also working up to 40% harder since March! A sure prescription for burn-out.
Do I really need a vacay?
In a word? Yes! There are a zillion reasong to take your vacation, but here are some of the most important ways that it benefits you.
- You will truly rest and relax your body and your mind.
- It is proven to be essential for your health.
- By resting your body and mind, you will actually be more productive when you return back to work.
- You will catch up on your sleep.
- Vacation resets your brain and helps you reflect on your life.
- You will improve your immune system.
- You will re-ignite your creative juices
- You will have new experiences.
- You will reconnect with yourself, your family and friends.
- You will be happier!
Ok, but how do I vacay safely during COVID?
Ahhhhh – the million-dollar question. There are so many ways to creatively take your va-or-stay-cation. To help you out, here are 20 ideas for you to consider. Are you ready?
- Take some day road trips
- Rent an RV and take a longer road trip
- Go camping
- Go glamping
- Try backpacking
- Rent a house or cabin
- House swaps with friends
- Backyard camp out
- Visit local or state parks
- Home spa day(s)
- Movie marathons
- Drive-in movie
- Hit the beach (if it is not crowded)
- Rent a boat for the day
- Rent a houseboat for a few days
- Virtual tours of museums and other cultural places
- Take a culinary tour of the world from your own kitchen
- Curbside dining (outdoors and take out is best)
- Get into crafting (any craft will do)
- Do nothing days. Make it up as you go!
Whatever you choose to do, make sure to plan it out well, take safety precautions (masks, sanitizers, plan potty breaks and meals if on the road, etc.)
We’d love to hear what you have planned for your va-stay-cation! Drop us a line in the comments below!