02 Jan 10 Ideas for the Healthiest You Yet!
Posted at 09:12h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
Everyone wants to feel great, and what better time is there than the start of the New Year to incorporate easy ways to help you get there! Here are 10 simple ways to improve your health, boost your energy and feel your best!
- Get More Sleep. Period. End of Sentence. Sleep is one of the most essential ingredients in the health equation. Make it a priority. The amount of sleep that you get as well as the quality of your sleep directly affects the quality of your waking life, including your mental sharpness, productivity, emotional balance, creativity, physical vitality, and even your weight. No other activity delivers so many benefits with so little effort!
- Drink More Water. Not only is water food for you, but increasing your water intake can help you to lose weight, cleanse your system, clear your skin, improve your energy and helps keep your digestion on track!
- Move Your Body Everyday. It doesn’t matter what you do, just do something! Dance, walk, run, get to the gym, practice yoga, play tennis, stretch – pick anything that you like and just do it! Regular exercises helps you to look and feel great but did you know that it also decreases stress, boosts your mood, builds self-esteem and has even been proven to keep your brain fit. So, what are you waiting for?
- Cook Healthy Meals. Healthy eating is always important, but taking the time to prepare a nutritious meal and healthful snacks is a great way to nourish your body and your soul. Chances are it will help your wallet too!
- Lower Your Stress Levels. Chronic stress seems to be a way of life these days, but it is also extremely deleterious to our health, both mentally and physically. Our bodies are designed to handle short bursts of stress. Long term stress lowers our immune system, increases inflammation in our bodies and can lead to serious illness. Whether it’s meditation, exercise, listening to soothing music, drinking a hot cup of tea, make time each day to unwind.
- Unplug and Connect. Sounds like an oxymoron right? Have you noticed that everyone everywhere seems to be busy with texts, e-mails, Facebook posts, Tweets, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and whatever hottest social media site has captured our attention? BUt studies show that the more connected we are on line, the more disconnected we get in real life. So take some time each day to uplug from your devices and connect with your colleagues, friends and family.
- Balance Your Life. All work and no play is a direct route to Burnout-ville. With 24/7 access to the internet and e-mails, it is easy to allow work to encroach upon your much needed downtime. Set clear boundaries and stick to them. Make time in your schedule for downtime and fun. Believe it or not, it will actually have a positive effect on your productivity at work.
- Manage Your Time. If you find yourself always wondering where time is going, you are not alone. Poor time management and high stress levels are often companions. The more you can clearly define work time and down time the better. The more realistic you can be about how long things really take and schedule in time for interruptions, the more control you will have in your life. Self care takes time, so make sure you have enough time to do things that make you thrive.
- Stop Making Excuses. Did you know that procrastination is a major cause of stress? Try making a to-do list that is realistic, and update it often. Making a macro list for the week and then a micro list for the day is a great way to feel less overwhelmed and make you less likely to procrastinate. You can also enlist a buddy to be accountable to. Try crossing off your least favorable tasks first and then have something to look forward to!
- Smile More. Did you know that it takes 47 muscles to frown but only 1o smile? Smiling makes us look more attractive and younger. Smiling also lifts our moods, lowers our blood pressure and boosts our immune systems. Besides, smiling is highly contagious and guaranteed to make those around you smile too!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!
Vivienne & Andrew, PBE Co-Founders
Leave a comment below and share your strategies for feeling great and let’s all make 2013 our best year yet!