05 Apr Oh, Kale Yeah!
Does any else ever wonder when Kale became such a celebrity veggie? I mean, when I grew up, I never heard of Kale, no less ate it, juiced it, designed salads around it, made snack chips from it or added it to smoothies. I’m not sure when Kale became the overnight superstar, viral veggie that it now it, but I’m sure glad it did because it is an amazingly nutritious, delicious and versatile food.
Did you know . . .
- Approximately 3 grams of protein. (Yes. Protein!)
- Vitamins A, C, B6 and K. (Well over the recommended RDA!)
- Manganese, Calcium, Copper, Potassium & Magnesium
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.
- 2.5 grams of fiber
It also contains antioxidents. . .
including things like vitamin C, beta-carotene as well as flavanoids and polyphenols (which provide many health promoting benefits). This means that Kale can help you in many ways ranging from boosting cardiovascular health, lowerin blood pressure and boosting your immune system.
This amazing vegetable is low in calories, giving you a huge bang for your buck. But in addition to being calorie friendly, Kale has high water content, fiber and bulk. This makes you feel full and satisfied which helps to you to control your appetite and curb your cravings!
3 Mouth Watering Kale Recipes
- Whole Grain Spaghetti with Garlicky Kale & Tomatoes
- Green Smoothie with Kale
- Kale, Strawberry & Avocado Salad w/ Lemon & Poppyseed Dressing