25 Aug Las Vegas Health Tips
The 2018 Ergo Expo Conference just wrapped up in Las Vegas and it was really great! I spent 4 days learning even more about the latest and greatest in all things ergo, saw some really great new products coming out (more on that soon!) and connecting with colleagues, friends and meeting tons of new people and basically being CONSTANTLY on the go.
Before leaving for Vegas, I realized that over the next three months, my travel itinerary looks something like this….Vegas, San Francisco, LA, New York, New Jersey, Seattle, back to San Francisco, Seattle again, Oregon, New York, San Francisco, New York, Rome, Florence and God knows where else! In addition to the usual full days at PBE, we are planning to go back to the Studio this fall to create new awesome video content for our awesome Online Training Platforms, the long awaited book is in the works and I am preparing for more competitions coming up. I admit, what is coming up is a bit daunting! There’s only one way to do this, and that is to . . .
Manage Energy Vs. Time
This is the true secret to being amazingly productive and getting everything done that you need and want to get done without burning yourself out! So, I ironically decided to double down my self care strategies the day I arrived in Las Vegas. So, miraculously, each day I managed to . .
- Hit the gym at 6am each day (I know! I couldn’t believe it either.)
- Down a healthy green juice or smoothie at a nearby organic Juice Bar with all sorts of healthy yummy vegan eats (Vegan in Vegas? I was shocked too.)
- Meditate with the app everyone has been raving about called Head Space (Ok so, it is only 5 minutes a day for now, and it’s only been 3 days, but it’s a start. No judging.)
- Eat squeaky clean meals that were all plant-based and delicious. (Another miraculous discovery about Las Vegas.)
- Get 7 – 8 hours of sleep. (Like seriously, who does that in Vegas? I don’t even know who I am any more!)
I realize I sound like a geek and maybe a bore and I have to laugh at the absurdity that I recommitted to my self care routine in Las Vegas of all places, but the truth is, I was able to get through the long demanding days and saw my productivity go up because I was clear headed, focused and full of energy.
And the only way I’m going to be able to get through this demanding fall is to keep this up. To help me, I put my FitBit back on and created a journal to help me stay on track.
If you are on track with your self care routing, congratulations. But if you are not, it takes some planning and discipline, but mostly, it take making a choice to put yourself and your health first above everyone and everything. You are worth it and trust me, the pay off is too!
I’d love to hear what you do to keep your energy up. Please leave a comment below!
Until the next time,